The Adoption fee for the Southern California Center is $125 and
includes vet work as listed below. We spay or neuter all of our Cats
prior to placement.
Click here to review our Adoption Policies.
We believe in providing each cat with the following vet work prior to
Such vet work includes (average cost):
The adoption fee covers only a portion of the per cat
cost. While we make a substantial effort to ensure the cats are healthy
prior to placement, please understand that these are Rescue Cats from
unknown backgrounds, and you need to be prepared for possible medical
and/or behavioral issues that may arise after an adoption.
- Blood tests for Feline Leukemia and Feline Aids - $48
- Spaying or Neutering - $24-$75
- Thorough Vet Exam - $25 - $55
- Vaccines (as required) - $25 - $40
- Treatment for fleas, earmites and worms - $25
- Presurgical blood work where necessary, and dentals for older cats
Interested adopters go through a careful screening process to include
reference checks, telephone interviews, and where appropriate, home visits.
No Siamese will be placed in a new home which allows cats to go outside.
The adoptive owners agree to give Southern California Siamese Rescue
the option of reclaiming the cat, should the adoption not work to the
advantage of the new owner and the cat.
To begin the Adoption process, complete these
- Review the Adoption Policies. They differ slightly for each Center,
so it's a good idea to review them. View a summary of our
- Complete BOTH the Adoption and Vet Reference Forms in full, and
send them, along with a non-refundable $10.00 processing fee to:
Southern California Siamese Rescue
PO Box 1379
Agoura Hills, CA 91376
- We will notify you once your application has been received. After
the references and vet checks have been completed, you will then be
contacted by a designated Rescue Center representative, for an interview.
- Once the interview is complete, and approval has been received,
we will then discuss the specifics of the cat you are interested in.
We work very hard to ensure we match each cat with the right situation,
as evidenced by our successful placement rate!
(NOTE: Please understand that all Southern California Siamese Rescue
personnel are volunteers. Be assured that we will process your application as quickly as we can.)
- Once the approval process is completed and a Siamese has been selected,
we will work with you to arrange transport for your new Meezer.
We have several methods for transporting our Cats.
While not required, we do hope that you would be able to participate in
the transport to some degree.